Sky-Watcher Quantum 100ED APO Refractor TelescopeItem#: HN-CELE563
- APO Quality - Quantum refractors are designed to assure virtual elimination of residual chromatic aberration ("false color") normally present in 2-element achromatic lens designs. Using extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, S-FPL51, for two of the lens elements and Schott glass for the other three lens elements, the Quantum 100ED 5-element design delivers crisp, high-fidelity views of planetary
- F/5 Focal Ratio - excellent for visual and wide field imaging use.
- Field Flattener – the Quantum 100 has a built-in two-element field flattening lens that provides sharps, in-focus stars across a large 43 mm image circle.
- Precision Linear Bearing Focuser - Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision linear bearing focuser with giant 3" diameter drawtube. This rotatable focuser offers 2-speed fine and micro-fine focusing adjustments with an engraved scale. Includes 2" eyepiece adapter.
- Carbon Fiber Optical Tube - Dent and scratch-resistant carbon fiber optical tube not only provides a stylish protective finish but also delivers excellent thermal stability and mechanical stiffness.
- EQ Mount Ready - All-metal tube rings and a CGE-style dovetail plate makes Quantum refractors ready to be mounted on any of Celestron's high quality imaging platforms, like the CGEM or CGEM Deluxe equatorial mounts.
- Retractable Carbon Fiber Lens Shade - For compact and safe storage.
- Aluminum Case - Offers protection for your instrument.
Dimensions & Specifications
Highest Useful Magnification
Sky Watcher Quantum Refractors
For the Expert
- Holds maximum capacity of 50 lbs.
- Larger ultra sturdy 2.75" steel tripod
- 40,000 object database
- All-Star Polar Alignment routine
- GPS Compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Maximum payloads of 90 lbs.
- All new software assited polar alignment
- Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Tripod
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects
- Flash upgradeable hand control software