TeleVue Paracorr Type 2 Visual-ImagingItem#: HN-TVU102
Since developing the Paracorr (Parabola Corrector) in 1989, TeleVue has made many refinements to enhance it's performance, for both visual use and imaging. By eliminating the effects of mirror-induced coma, "fast" scopes could be made as aberration-free as "slow" scopes.
TeleVue showed that f/4 scopes equipped with the Paracorr rivaled non-corrected f/8 scopes. Shorter, more compact Dobsonians with dramatically larger fields became much more practical. Indeed, at the 2009 WSP, Mike Lockwood took it a big step forward with his 20" f/3.0, "no ladder" Dob. With a scope that fast, the Paracorr was definitely required! Althrough reports of it working nicely were appreciated, TeleVue knew that, just as the standard Paracorr was optimized for f/4.5, the new Paracorr must be optimized for f/3.0. Hey, it's their "ethos", after all! And, as with the Ethos eyepieces, TeleVue's own Paul Dellechiaie played a major role in developing the Paracorr Type 2.
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
$559.98 to $799.98
- 100 Degree apparent field of view
- Edge to edge viewing is simply amazing
- The field area is more than 50% larger than an 82 degree!
- This award winning eyepiece has won more awards than any other eyepiece
- Gives you that "space walk" feeling when viewing
$299.98 to $629.98
- When you are ready for the best - TeleVue Nagler Eyepieces
- Available in a wide variety of focal lengths
- Blackened lens edges, anti-reflection threads and rubber eyeguards
- 100% full field visual inspection on every TeleVue eyepiece
$249.98 to $499.98
- Low-to-medium-power wide-field eyepieces
- 6-element, 4-group design for sharp, high-contrast images
- Multi-coated optic provide optimum light allowance
- Color correction keeps images true and crisp
- Best eyepieces in 68-degree field class