Vixen A80Mf Refractor Telescope with Porta II MountItem#: HN-VIX271
If you are looking to start out with something a little larger than a beginner scope and want to spend the time to learn the sky instead of relying on a computer to slew the scope over to each object, this is the package for you. The Vixen A80Mf attached to the Porta II Mount moves easily and is stable when stopped. No tweaking of the hand controls is necessary like some other brands.
The A80Mf is an Achromatic Refractor with 80mm (3.2") of aperture. Its focal length is 910mm with an f ratio of 11.4. Its light gathering is 130 times better than the human eye and has a maximum (realistic) power of 144x. It weighs about 5.5 lbs. Covered by Vixen's 5 Year Warranty.
The A80Mf with Porta II Mount comes complete with:
- A 80mm (3.2”) optical tube.
- A smaller 6 power finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights, for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A Dew / Sun shield.
- A Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A80Mf to the Porta Mount.
- Porta Mount with locking extension legs, accessory tray, flexible handle slow motion controls, adjustment tool set and removable mount head.
Dimensions & Specifications
Highest Useful Magnification
Porta II Mount
Viewing the Moon, Viewing the Planets
Vixen A80Mf Refractor Telescopes
For the Beginner, For the Enthusiast
- This top seller has excellent customer reviews
- 4mm, 6mm, 12.5mm, and 32mm Plossl Eyepieces
- 2x Achromatic Barlow Lens
- Yellow, Orange, Light Red, Green, Light Blue Filters
- Also includes a polarizing filter and CrystalView Moon filter
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Attractive Design
Comments about Vixen A80Mf Refractor Telescope with Porta II Mount:
We brought it unpacked to the ski resort and our son was literally astonished by this brilliant gift from Santaclaus which gave us a magnificent view of sky in the evenings in Vermont during ski holiday. It was far more than satisfying. Thank you very much.
- I Am A:
- Family Young Kids