Vortex 20-60x60 Nomad Spotting ScopeItem#: HN-SHL035
Hiking through the woods is one of your favorite things, but you wish you could see animals more clearly; see wildlife up-close and personal with this spotting scope. The waterproof and fogproof scope can withstand weather conditions that might prevent other tools from working, and you'll be able to see deer, birds, and the stars with clarity that you've only dreamed of. The polycarbonate body of the scope is strong, and you'll be able to bring it along without worrying about damage from traveling.
Vortex Nomad Spotting Scope. Impressive at 60!
Hunt the wilds with a scope that's made for high adventure. The Nomad spotting scope ranks high on the value scale with smooth handling, rich image quality, and a rugged construction - ideal qualities for any trip. Now you can take in awe-inspiring views without breaking your back or your budget!
Zoom in on the natural side of wildlife
The Nomad's zoom eyepiece takes you from panoramic scenes at 20x to more targeted details at 60x. Now you can move in on the drama of deer grazing in a distant marsh with optics that respond to your call for high quality images. The Nomad spotting scope brings great color and clarity to every scene with comfortable full field views, even if you wear eyeglasses.
- Fully multi-coated optics make every scene brighter and more detailed.
- BaK-4 high density glass prisms deliver sharp views from one edge of the field to the other.
- Contemporary eyecup design makes the most of long eye relief for wide angled views, available to every user by simply retracting the multi-stop eyecup to the most pleasing position.
- Waterproof 60mm scope handles rough trails
The Nomad spotting scope has a slim, lightweight profile that is perfectly suited for travel and long hikes in the field. When you're far from shelter, you'll be ready for driving rains and wet, heavy snow showers with the Nomad. Solid construction forms the basis for a lifetime of rewards as you head outdoors with this highly portable spotting scope.
- Waterproof housing provides complete protection from rain, sleet and snow because of tight O-ring seals.
- Nitrogen purging prevents condensation on internal lenses so you enjoy clear views in spite of sudden temperature changes.
- Polycarbonate body housing is rugged and easy to carry.
- Rubber armor enhances durability for sure travel through rough terrain.
How to choose between straight and angled eyepiece positions
Start out by thinking about how you are going to use your spotting scope and take hold of any opportunity to compare straight and angled scopes side by side. Although you will get used to handling whatever style you choose, consider the advantages of each eyepiece position.
The straight eyepiece position of the Nomad spotting scope works well when viewing downward from an elevated platform. The more natural line of sight of the straight eyepiece is favored by many novice users trying to follow wildlife on the move.
The angled eyepiece position is a favorite among hunters who spend much of their time scanning higher elevations for wildlife, or scoping while lying prone on the ground. In other words, the angled eyepiece is ideal for people who often view upward from a lower vantage point. And, if you tend to share your scope with others, you'll find the angled eyepiece position of the Nomad spotting scope readily accommodates users of many different heights with less adjusting of the tripod.
Accessories for the Nomad 20-60x60 spotting scope
Digiscoping with the Nomad spotting scope is made all the easier with the Radian Small Universal Digital Camera Adapter (sold separately). The Vortex Nomad comes with a 20-60x zoom eyepiece and a view-through case that protects the Nomad spotting scope as you watch wildlife, zipping up quickly for total protection when you pack up for the evening.
A Very Important Promise to you!
Rest assured that the Vortex Nomad spotting scope is covered against any future dents, defects or damages any product needing service will be repaired or replaced absolutely free!
Dimensions & Specifications
Angular Field of View
Close Focusing Distance
Field of View at 1000 Yards
Objective Lens Diameter
Mid-Size Spotting Scopes
Spotting Scope Size
Spotting Scopes Series
Vortex Spotting Scopes
- Complete kit for optical care
- Safe to use with most lenses
- Convenient, water-resistant carrying case
- Flexible lens brush with bellows
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Specially designed to clean fine optics
- Retractable natural hair brush
- Cleaning tip with non-liquid spill-proof compound
- Compact, pocket-sized design
- Cleans binoculars, cameras, and other optical surfaces
- Long lasting lens cloth
- Safe to use with most lenses
- From Nanofilm
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Bright Eyepiece
- Sensitivity Controls
- Strong Magnification
Comments about Vortex 20-60x60 Nomad Spotting Scope:
I am a 3 - 400-yard-shooter with a new .223 cal. AR-15 rifle I built. We shoot self-loaded ammo and test different powder levels and bullet weightss at 3 - 400 yard distances. This requires a prety good spotting scope to be able to see small bullet holes at this distance. Given our limited budget for a scope, our new Vortex so far is doing the job. Specifically, I can zoom to 60X and fine tune a sharp focus to see small holes in a splatter target at 350 yards. The scope is mounted on a table top Vortex tripod which is stable and steady. We had pretty much given up on finding a 60" tripod that would work until we hit on the shorter Vortex unit. Now we have a great budget-wise Vortex scope and tripod package. It is PERFECT!
- Was this a gift?: