Hayneedle is required to collect sales tax on items purchased from hayneedle.com that are shipped to the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Please note that many factors can change between the time you place an order and the time of payment, which could affect the calculation of sales tax. The amount appearing on your order as estimated tax may differ from the sales tax ultimately charged.
Purchases from hayneedle.com that are shipped to states not listed above may be subject to state and local use tax, unless specifically exempt from taxation. A purchase is not exempt merely because the purchase is made over the Internet. Many states, including Colorado, Kentucky, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Vermont, require their residents to report any purchase that was not taxed and pay use tax on the purchase. Please consult your city, county and state tax regulations to determine your applicable tax reporting obligations.
If you are a tax-exempt individual or organization we are happy to work with you to refund taxes on applicable orders. After placing an order,
please send a valid tax-exempt certificate to email@example.com and include the order number that you would like to be tax-exempt. Our team will review the documentation and refund the taxes if applicable. When placing your order and sending us your tax-exempt certificate please keep this information in mind:
- We cannot accept or store your tax-exempt certificate without a current order number. Please place your order and then contact us to inquire about getting the taxes refunded.
- When placing an order, the address and name information on the order must be consistent with the information provided on your tax-exempt certificate.
- We must receive your tax-exempt certificate within 30 days of the order being placed.
- W-9 forms, 501(c)(3) paperwork, and business licenses are examples of some forms that are not acceptable tax-exempt certificates.
- The tax-exempt certificate must be valid for the state your order is shipping to as taxes are collected and dependent on the state your order is being shipped to.