Pretty Patios and Outdoor Ambiance
Pergolas are open-air structures used to create outdoor space. They usually consist of a frame with supports and overhead beams that provide shade and support vining plants. Pergolas are used to define a garden, patio, or walkway. There are many styles and designs, including freestanding structures, and those that attach to a building as an extended awning. Most importantly, pergolas function as an architectural element that can create usable space and privacy, while preserving the natural outdoor environment.
Transform a Barren Patio Into a Gathering Place With a Pergola:
- Use a pergola with a side-screen to add style and create patio privacy
- String lights through the framework for a magical evening effect
- Install a pergola on the deck or in the garden as an architectural structure
- Choose a model that includes rolling blinds for shade and privacy option
- Climbing plants, including roses, morning glories, wisteria, passion flowers, and honeysuckle, can be trained to grow over pergolas
- Pair outdoor furniture, like a conversation set, with a pergola for a comfortable outdoor living space
Find even more patio shade ideas in our helpful post to find the perfect solution for your outdoor space.