- High quality 102mm (4") refractor telescope with multi-coated glass optics. 212x more light gathering power than the human eye.
- Computerized hand control with 40,000+ objecs in its database and motorized altazimuth mount
- Special set of 5 eyepieces allowing you to view objects up to 250 times closer than the naked eye
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no-tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Includes erect image diagonal for great terrestrial observing
- Includes TheSkyX First Light Edition Astronomy Software, which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
- Requires 8 AA batteries (not included)
About Celestron Refractor Telescopes
Celestron’s high-quality refractor telescopes allow beginners to improve upon Galileo’s vision with a simple, reliable design that is easy to use, requires minimal maintenance, and is versatile enough for land or sky viewing. Known for viewing planetary detail and splitting close double-stars.
A refractor telescope uses a lens as the primary. The lens at the front of the telescope bends the light passing through it until it comes to a single point called the “focal plane”. The long, thin tubes of refractor telescopes look much the same as those Galileo used centuries ago. High quality optical glass and multi-coatings provide today’s sky watchers views Galileo never dreamed of.
The refractor type of telescope is very popular with individuals who want mechanical simplicity, rugged reliability and ease of use. Because the focal length is limited by the length of the tube, refractor telescopes become quite bulky and expensive beyond a four inch aperture. This limits the light gathering properties of refractor telescopes, but it is an excellent choice for beginners and those who prefer simple operation and versatility. Refractor telescopes are also a popular choice because of their unobstructed view, high contrast and good definition.
- Easy to set-up and use
- Simple and reliable design requires little or no maintenance
- Excellent for lunar, planetary and binary star observing especially in larger apertures
- Good for terrestrial viewing
- High contrast images with no secondary mirror or diagonal obstruction
- Color correction is good in achromatic designs and excellent in apochromatic and fluorite designs
- Sealed optical tube reduces image-degrading air currents and protects optics
- Objective lens is permanently mounted and aligned