Bring old-fashioned beauty and modern practicality to your home office with the Haugen Customizable Roll-Top Vintage Scholars Laptop Desk. Beautifully designed with raised upper panels, this desk comes in a variety of wood and stain combinations so you can create the perfect desk for your home. Two smaller drawers are ideal for holding pens and pencils while the utility bookshelf keeps your most-used books close-at-hand. Raise the rollmop to reveal pigeon holes and a small drawer which are ideal for storing envelopes, letters, and other items. A gorgeous addition to your home, this desk is perfect for students and professionals alike.
- Cherry: A fine textured hardwood with a prominent figure and a beautiful, warm pink color. Cherry may have occasional natural features such as pecks, small pitch pockets, and mineral streaks; all of which contribute to the uniqueness of this species. Cherry ages gracefull, acquiring a rich patina that continues to darken over time, further enhancing its beauty and warmth.
- Maple: A strong, fine textured hardwood which has a subtle grain figure. The color tends to be a light, creamy tan. Maple is known as one of the heavier and denser woods available and is very sturdy. It has some naturally-occurring features such as an occasional mineral streak to the more spectacular birds-eye, burl, fiddleback, or quilting.
- Quartersawn White Oak: Heartwood is a light brown; some boards may have a pinkish tint or a slight grayish cast. Sapwood is white to cream. The grain of this hardwood is open, with longer rays than red oak. Figuring due to pronounced rays, interlocked, and wavy grain are brought out more conspicuously than red oak.
- Walnut: A highly desirable, finely grained hardwood with dark tan to brown heartwood and creamy white sapwood. Walnut generally has fairly straight grain but produces more types of figures than any other wood. It darkens with age and exposure to light, though more slow than cherry.
- Red Oak: Heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with a reddish cast. Nearly white to light brown sapwood is not always sharply demarcated from the heartwood. The grain is straight with coarse, uneven texture.
Haugen Home Furnishings
Established in Hutchinson, Minn., in 1991, Haugen Home Furnishings prides itself on producing premium-quality furniture using only the best solid wood products available. Haugen uses a seven-step finishing process and a superior hand-rubbed lacquer finish, and all of the company's furniture is handcrafted in the USA.