Just mount the unit, set the thermostat, and forget it. The Akoma Hound Heater Deluxe Dog House Furnace with cord protector will help protect your pet from the cold thanks to a long-life heating element that offers many years of reliable use. This product can be used for most dog and cat houses. The heater is made from 16-gauge powder coated steel. The Hound Heater comes equipped with a heavy-duty, chew-proof cord with a protective stainless steel spring cover that discourages your pet from chewing on it. This grounded cord measures 7 feet long and has three prongs, plus it also features a cord strain relief to eliminate cord tension problems.
The easy installation takes only a few minutes and includes easily understood directions with pictures. All you need to do is drill a hole through the wall of the house, feed the cord through the hole, mount the Hound Heater Dog House Furnace, set the thermostat, and plug it in. It's that simple.
Please follow installation instructions carefully. It is extremely important that your pet house be insulated and preferably has a door/flap. The hound heater dog house furnace must never be mounted to the ceiling. Although this heater is designed to heat dog and cat houses up to 75 cubic feet in size, please note that several variables can affect performance including enclosed structure, insulation, voids, construction material, and weather (e.g. exposure to direct sunlight, wind, snow, ice and drafts).
- Internal heat shield protects all wires or components and prevents the front from getting hot
- Saves energy by only running when needed
- Made to meet all agency requirements, including foreign UL requirements.
- Internal high limit switch shuts down the unit if it reaches 210 F. Automatically resets upon cooling. This will only happen if the unit is mounted improperly.
- 50,000 HR rated 300 watt wire element (replaceable)
- 100,000 Cycle heavy duty thermostat (replaceable)
- Adjusts from 30 degrees F (Low to Medium setting) to 80 degrees F (Medium to High setting)
- Easy-access temperature control dial on top of heater
- Heats up to a 75 cubic foot dog/cat house
- Draws 1.25 amps so it can be safely powered by an extension cord (any outdoor cord must be rated for 10 amps)
- 7-foot power cord with metal cord protector
- External graphics say mount this side up to eliminate mounting questions
- Includes an external heat shield to disperse heat and keep any materials from sitting on top of unit
- 120 volts