Meade 6 Inch ETX-LS Telescope with LightSwitch Technology Features
The revolutionary LS astronomical telescope features the most advanced electronics and optics ever applied to a consumer telescope. Meade is producing the easiest-to-use, most entertaining, educational, high-performance telescope on the market by combining LightSwitch Technology, a choice of Advanced Coma Free Optics (ACF) or SC Schmidt-Cassegrain Optics, Astronomer Inside multimedia output and a completely new mechanical design into the Meade 6 Inch ETX-LS Telescope with LightSwitch Technology.
Alignment system for completely hands free alignment. Using the Integrated Sensor Module and the bult-in ECLIPS CCD imager on the telescope tube, our LightSwitch Technology allows the telescope to completely align itself with the sky without any input from the user. The user simply flips the LightSwitch on and the telescope finds its location, time, date, north, level then locates and centers the alignment stars for perfect alignment every time without user input.
Single arm fork Altitude-Azimuth (Alt-Az) mount
- Rigid structure with large precision roller bearings on both axis designed to carry large OTA's
- Precision worm gear drives with 4.875" main gears in both axis for smooth and accurate tracking and slewing
- Long fork arm length to allow clearance with the base for most cameras
- Runs on 8 internal "C" cell batteries for portable field operation
- Hand control holder built into base
- Off-On LightSwitch
- USB and other ports for accessory equipment
- Heavy-duty stable tripod with quick attachment of the mount
6" ACF optical tube assembly (OTA)
- Package includes Advanced Coma-Free ACF optical system for performance that only professionals or extreme amateurs have had in a 6" clear aperture with 1524mm focal length for an f/10 system.
- Standard SC threaded back cell that accepts most existing accessories designed for all Schmidt-Cassegrain models over the last 30 years.
- Integrated Sensor Module (ISM) with GPS and Level North Technologies (LNT)
- Electronically Controlled Locate Identify Position System (ECLIPS) CCD Imaging module
- Professionally produced audio and video content for hundreds of objects and custom guided tours designed for your location, time and date.
- Multimedia presentations feature the voices of Sandy Woods of "Star Date" astronomy radio program and George Woods, Hollywood actor and the voice on many productions.
- Built-in speaker in drive base and audio jack for audio instructions and object descriptions
- Video out for video presentations and images of many objects, instant display of images from the ECLIPS imager and easy on-screen menu navigation
AutoStar III hand controller
Easily control telescope for automatic location of objects, tours and many other features. Approximately 100,000 objects in database
ECLIPS CCD Imager
- Essential part of the LightSwitch alignment system
- Sensitive wide-angle color 640x480 CCD imager for taking your own astrophotographs
- Save your photos on a Mini SD card (user supplied)
- With a video monitor connected to the video out jack, see real-time images of the objects you see in the eyepiece
- Full USB support for accessories like additional DSI CCD cameras
- Mini SD slot for easy software upgrades and storing your astrophotographs