The Monticello Monticello 8 x 16 ft. Greenhouse is here to prove that not all greenhouses are built the same. First off, this greenhouse is proudly made in the USA. Monticello applies good old American ingenuity to make the best product for their customers, which helps elevate the industry standards of all greenhouses.
This greenhouse is constructed from the highest quality US-grade extruded aluminum, not the thinner and more brittle foreign aluminum. It features a protective coating that comes in select color options. The coating is guaranteed to contain 0.0% lead. On average, this 16-foot greenhouse uses over 70 pounds more aluminum than the typical imported greenhouse. Why is this important? A weaker framework suffers more wind damage and can handle less snow before collapsing.
While most hobby greenhouses on the market use less expensive, thinner walls and roofing materials (the crystal clear walls are as thin as .2mm), the Monticello uses professional-grade 8mm twin wall polycarbonate. This is the same thickness used in the commercial greenhouses. The twin wall polycarbonate acts as a double paned window keeping cooler air in during warm months and insulating the greenhouse from cold air in the wintertime. This makes the Monticello more efficient than other greenhouses. It also adds to the efficiency of growing, cutting down electric bills for those who choose to grow year round.
At 7.6 feet tall at its peak, the Monticello’s above average interior height helps displace heat within the greenhouse and is more comfortable for even the tallest gardeners.
This Monticello greenhouse is loaded with features to ensure you’ll enjoy it for years to come. Features include an integrated base, built-in rain water gutter system, and automatic roof vent opener. The newly redesigned hinged double doors have an opening of almost 6 feet tall by 4.5 feet wide! The Monticello grows as your needs do, with four-foot extension kits that can be purchased any time in the future.
You get what you pay for and with the Monticello! Monticello is backed by a 10-year warranty, one of the strongest in the industry. This warranty includes the frame and polycarbonate. For the gardener that is looking for a mid-priced greenhouse system that will supply years of hassle-free indoor gardening, this is the greenhouse for you.
We hope you enjoy growing in the Monticello as much as we enjoyed designing it.
- Proudly designed and made in the USA!
- Dimensions: 8.1W x 16.3L x 7.6H feet
- Quick assembly construction
- Integrated flush base design
- High-impact, UV-stable 8mm twin wall polycarbonate walls and roof
- Heavy-duty extruded aluminum frame
- Choose black electrostatically painted frame or natural aluminum frame with protective coating
- Three 2 x 2 foot roof vents with automatic opener
- Integrated dual rain water gutter system
- Door dimensions: 48W x 68H in.
- Hinged lockable double doors
- Patent pending twist and lock single bolt for quicker and easier assembly (new for 2014)
- Accessories available include: shade clothes, watering systems, potting sinks, and shelving kits
- Full 10-year manufacturer’s warranty (strongest in the industry)
- Expandable – ability to expand greenhouse in 4-foot increments as needs grow
- Efficient – average cost to run greenhouse year round is $150-$200
- Snow load capacity: 24 lbs./sq. ft.
- Wind load: 65 mph
Please Note: allow a full weekend to fully assemble (ground prep included). Two people suggested for assembly. Manual is fully illustrated.