The Monticello Monticello 8 x 16 ft. Premium Greenhouse Kit makes it easy to see that not all greenhouses are built the same. Monticello products are proudly made in the USA. By applying good old American ingenuity, Monticello can make superior quality products while helping to elevate the industry standards of all greenhouses.
This premium greenhouse is constructed from the highest quality US-grade extruded aluminum and not the thinner and more brittle foreign aluminum. It comes in select protective finish options that are guaranteed to contain 0.0% lead. This greenhouse is built using, on average, over 70 pounds more aluminum than the typical imported greenhouse. Why is this important? A weaker framework suffers more wind damage and can handle less snow before collapsing.
While most hobby greenhouses on the market use less expensive, thinner walls and roofing materials (the crystal clear walls are as thin as .2mm), the Monticello uses professional-grade 8mm twin wall polycarbonate. This is the same thickness used in the commercial greenhouses. The twin wall polycarbonate acts as a double paned window keeping cooler air in during warm months and insulating the greenhouse from cold air in the wintertime. This makes the Monticello more efficient than other greenhouses. It also adds to the efficiency of growing, cutting down electric bills for those who choose to grow year round.
This is a premium package, which includes the Monticello greenhouse, one commercial work bench, interior shade system, programmable watering system, and the only greenhouse sink in the industry.
At 7.6 feet tall at its peak, the Monticello’s above average interior height helps displace heat within the greenhouse and is more comfortable for even the tallest gardeners.
This Monticello greenhouse is loaded with features to ensure you’ll enjoy it for years to come. Features include an integrated base, built-in rain water gutter system, and automatic roof vent opener. The newly redesigned hinged double doors have an opening of almost 6 feet tall by 4.5 feet wide! The Monticello grows as your needs do, with four-foot extension kits that can be purchased any time in the future.
You get what you pay for and with the Monticello. This greenhouse is backed by a 10-year warranty, one of the strongest in the industry. This warranty includes the frame and polycarbonate. For the gardener that is looking for a mid-priced greenhouse system that will supply years of hassle-free indoor gardening, this is the greenhouse for you.
We hope you enjoy growing in the Monticello as much as we enjoyed designing it.
- Proudly designed and made in the USA!
- Dimensions: 8.1W x 16.3L x 7.6H feet
- Premium package includes 16-foot greenhouse, work bench system, interior shade system, programmable watering system, greenhouse sink system
- Quick assembly construction (average time of 11 hours)
- Integrated flush base design
- High-impact, UV-stable 8mm twin wall polycarbonate walls and roof
- Heavy-duty extruded aluminum frame construction
- Choose electrostatically black painted frame or natural aluminum frame with protective coating
- Three 2 x 2 foot roof vents with automatic opener
- Integrated dual rain water gutter system
- Door dimensions: 48W x 68H in.
- Hinged lockable double doors (new for 2014)
- New patent pending twist and lock single bolt makes assembly even quicker and easier (new for 2014)
- Full 10-year manufacturer’s warranty (strongest in the industry)
- Expandable – ability to expand greenhouse in 4-foot increments as needs grow
- Efficient – average cost to run greenhouse year round is $150-$200
- Snow load capacity of 24 lbs./square foot (1.536 lbs.)
- Wind load: 65 mph
Please note: allow a full weekend to fully assemble (ground prep included). Two people suggested for assembly. Manual is fully illustrated.