We’re thrilled to welcome new guest blogger Reichel Broussard, savvy stylist and founder/editor of home design blog copycatchic.com. Reichel brings her fresh ideas for high style on real-life budgets to hayneedle.com, and we think she’s the copycat’s meow. Read on as Reichel helps us introduce our new Gift Registries – she created her own registry for her new home, and gives us a peek at her picks …
As you all know, there’s a lot of adjustment to be made when moving to a new home. In our case, the style of the home we just moved into was completely different than any home we’ve previously lived in. Luckily I thrive on just that sort of challenge. This is the perfect opportunity to explore different styles that I’ve always admired, but never found a place for!
I decided to partner with hayneedle.com and use their new registry feature. They are now offering registries not only for wedding or baby, but also for other occasions like a housewarming or even Christmas! I recommend creating a registry on an all-encompassing site like hayneedle.com. You’re not just stuck to registering for dinnerware & flatware; you can register for dining chairs or even a nightstand. That way you get exactly what you need, not what everyone else thinks you need.
I created a registry for our new house and I filled it with all of the staples, like said flatware & dinnerware, but also added some fun stuff like a mixer and an espresso machine. Here are a few of my favorite picks:
- Cuisinart SM-55BC 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer – Brushed Chrome Everyone loves the old standby KitchenAid mixer, but I love this compact Cuisinart one even better. It’s sleek and small and just as great to use as a KitchenAid.
- LeCreuset Rectangular Roaster Every household needs a good roasting pan. What could be better than an enameled cast iron one? Strong, versatile and almost indestructible.
- Wusthof Classic IKON Knife Set A really, really good set of knives. No explanation necessary here. Good knives are required, not to be overlooked.
- Sunpentown 6-Cup Stainless Steel Rice Cooker and Steamer A stainless steel rice cooker. None of that aluminum business around here!
- Staub Oval Cocotte A quality casserole dish. Another one of those versatile, kitchen must-haves. I love the gray color of this enameled one from Staub.
- DeLonghi Kmix Espresso MachineAhhh, espresso. How I love thee. I live for my lattes in the morning, so therefore a good espresso machine is definitely a requirement.
– Reichel Broussard, copycatchic.com