Decorating for Halloween is scary fun, and Lifestyle Blogger Kris Jarrett offers up eight irresistibly easy tips for dressing up your entryway with Halloween decor. Shop the Happy Halloween Décor Styleboard curated by Kris for a spooktacular spread of trick-or-treat-season treasures and Halloween inspiration.
8 Simple Tips for Creating a Festive Halloween Entry
Halloween is just around the corner, so it’s time to start decorating your home for all of those ghosts and goblins who will come knocking on your door. Creating a festive Halloween entry is a snap using these eight simple tips.
Front Door Decor
1. Set the mood before you even walk into your home with frightfully fabulous Halloween decorations at your front door.
This wreath with glittery bats and ghosts, and this spider web doormat are perfect for creating a fun, spooky feel that your trick-or-treaters will love.
2. Choose a beautiful console table as the base for creating your festive entry. The narrow depth of this driftwood console keeps an entry area from feeling cramped, and the bottom shelf provides extra space to display decorative accessories.
Versatility is Key
3. Be a smart shopper! Decorate your console with a mix of Halloween-themed decorations and accessories that you can use year-round. Accessories such as this hammered ceramic table lamp, large, round mirror, zig zag woven basket, and black throw can be used long after the Halloween decorations have been put away.
Fun with Fabric
4. Wrap fabric remnants around hardcover books to add a playful dash of color and pattern. And since grouped accessories are more eye-catching when they’re of varying heights, adding a few fabric-covered books underneath an item is a simple trick for giving it a little lift.
Add Sparkle & Shine to Your Space
5. Up the spook-factor with decorations that have glowing lights, such as these glittered trees with orange LED lights and this darling trick-or-treat black cat with fun color-changing lights.
Creative with Candle Holders
6. Don’t go any farther than your grocery store to find ideal fall fillers for vases, jars, and other decorative glass vessels. These glass pillar candle holders filled with candy corn, nuts, dried beans, and popcorn kernels bring a harvest-inspired feel to your entryway.
Get Your Glow On
7. Light up the night with candles! Real candles create a welcoming glow when placed in black metal lanterns to accent your front entry, while flameless candles are just right for indoor use. These flameless wax pillar candles not only have a realistic wick that flickers and glows like a real candle, but they also have a five-hour timer, so you can set them once, and they’ll automatically go on and off each night!
8. Add color and beauty with plants, flowers, and pumpkins. Colorful croton plants in cast stone planters flanking the front door, a pile of heirloom pumpkins, and an autumn-hued mum alongside a wrought iron lantern make this Halloween-ready home come to life.
So now that you have all the tips you need to create a festive entry that’s sure to impress, there’s only one thing left to do – stock up on candy and wait for the trick-or-treating to begin!
– Kris Jarrett, Lifestyle Blogger, Driven By Decor