Just in time for the holidays, this post is dedicated to those who would like to throw a party or more formal get-together without worrying about whether the table is set to the standards of the gods of etiquette and entertaining. Suffice to say, when it comes to a well-set table, depending on what the occasion calls for, you have a few options.
Ready, Set … Set the Table!
Liberate your friends and family from the confines of one-and-done table settings, and take your rightful place with the entertaining elite by sharing your new-found knowledge via our Place-Setting Survival Guide infographic, shown below. Everyone will thank you, and you’ll never forget how to fashion your table again!
Hayneedle’s Vibrant Holiday Tablescape
Hayneedle decided to go bold, bright, and a bit informal for a fresh take on festive this holiday season. Eye-catching reds, lush greens, and punchy florals are the heroes of this tabletop. Keep it crisp and refreshing with fun flourishes in complementary colors, and invite in thematic elements to complete the look. Love it? Find more on our Delightful Dining Room Decorations Styleboard.
Food for Thought …
- If you’re serving soup, a bowl can replace the salad plate.
- Depending on what you’re serving, add or take away items.
- The cup & saucer come out with dessert.
- The dinner knife can vary depending on the main. Serving meat? A good steak knife works wonders & prevents guests from shaking the table with their sawing.
- There are special forks & knives dedicated to fish. Not necessary, but now you know.
- If you want to do something pretty with the napkin, showcase it on the plates!
- To dress up the meal & make guests feel super special, set a place card above the setting for extra élan.