The Power of Clean
Cleaning can be cathartic. Ever heard the phrase “clean house, clear mind?” If you hadn’t, you have now, and you should commit it to memory. It’s true! It’s been documented that a mess can actually cause us stress. And after the winter most of us have had, who needs more of that?
In the true essence of the spring season (i.e. new beginnings, freshness, growth, etc.), I’m suggesting that we all open a window or two, take a few deep breaths, and delve headfirst into spring organization and cleaning armed with some basic tools of the trade. And by tools I mean those that are both inspirational and physically essential to helping us achieve our goals. Here you’ll find a few cleaning necessities and smart storage options paired with some real-life reasons to get up and clean up.
Why to Clean/Organize & Ways to Do So
Cleaning and organizing can actually be super rewarding. Here’s why:
- After cleaning, everything seems like it’s being broadcast in HD – your home, your head, everything feels so much clearer!
- It gives you a sense of accomplishment. You know you need to do it, and once it’s done, it feels great.
1 – Shark 18V Cordless Hand-held-Vacuum: Ideal for small hard-to-reach spaces as well as homes without a lot of storage space for larger options.
2 – Shark NV352 Navigator Lift-Away: A top-rated, easy-to-use vacuum perfect for environments with carpet and wood, tile, or concrete flooring.
- Cleaning and organizing also lowers stress levels – not only because of the physical nature of the chores, but also because the next time you go to look for something, chances are you’ll know where to find it. A place for everything, and everything in its place … another one to memorize!
1 – Mele Rowan Espresso Jewelry Box: Stop jewelry sprawl and keep your gems secure with a handy, de-cluttering jewelry box. They make them for men, too. Just sayin’.
2 – Nesting Wooden Book Boxes – Set of 3: Don’t know where to put those necessary knickknacks lying about? Here you go!
- You can relax, guilt-free! If clutter is staring you in the face while you’re binging on your latest Netflix obsession, it takes something away from the experience … like all the fun.
1 – Baxton Studios Tate Bi-cast Leather Storage Ottoman: Stash extra soft goods, remotes, and other miscellaneous must-haves in this handsome little wonder.
2 – Open Cube: Modular storage is sheer genius! Use it in the closet, office, or any room where you want more space for your stuff. Add as many pieces as you see fit to suit your needs.
- If your place is presentable, people can drop by without you having to hide for fear they’ll see the shambles of shame (that may or may not include multiple takeout boxes of dinners long since passed).
1 – Nine Stars DZT-50-13 Touchless Stainless Steel 13.2-gallon Trash Can: Top-rated and touchless, this trash can provides a stylish way to rid yourself of unwanted, unused items and clutter.
2 – Squaro Large Wastebasket: Functional, fun, and customer-approved, this little can is capable of handling its share of items tossed as you reorganize.
- And last, but not least, when you come home to a clean, organized environment, it makes you happy.
And happy is something we can all use a little more of in our daily lives, don’t you think?