Storage ottomans and storage benches come in a variety of shapes, sizes, textures, and materials that make them easy to match with your decor. But whereas a table is but a table and a chair is but a chair, an ottoman can serve a wide range of functions to benefit any home or office environment. Keep reading for ideas on how to incorporate a bench or ottoman into every area of your home.
Different Ways You Can Use a Storage Bench
In the Living Room
- Footrest – Putting your feet up after a long day is the go-to way to unwind. If your living room doesn’t have a footrest, it most definitely should.
- Coffee Table – Just add a drink tray to the surface of your leather storage ottoman or upholstered storage bench and it becomes a wonderful server for appetizers, beverages, and more. It’ll even make an appropriate stage for hosting game night!
- Media Storage – Keep frequently used and limited-edition media on display in a case, but the rest of your collection can be stacked discretely within a storage ottoman.
- Library Overflow – It’s good to have a few books and magazines handy, but these things have a way of piling up. Use the generous compartment of a storage ottoman to stash excess reading materials.
- Show Piece – An ottoman can be the eye-catching focal point that defines a space. Today’s designs feature lavish textiles, tufted fabrics adorned with jewels, and attractive frames with ornate legs, antique nailhead stitching, and other fine details that give any setting an incredible atmosphere.
- Extra Seating – Ever needed to drag a chair in from the dining room to the living area so everyone in the conversation has a place to sit? A round storage ottoman can function as a table one moment and backless stool the next without disrupting your decor. An oversized ottoman will provide enough room for two or more people to sit down and relax.
- Linens - A bedroom storage bench is the ideal space to hold extra blankets, pillows, sheets, and other bedding. A design with integrated drawers and cubbies provides even more options.
- Lounging - Not only is an upholstered bench comfy, when you sit at it to watch TV or chat with your partner, you aren’t upsetting the smooth comforter or perfectly arranged throw pillows on your bed.
- A Step Up - The bedroom bench gives kiddos and pets an easy way to get on and off your bed, which may or may not be a good thing.
- Storing Essentials – If you have the floor space, a storage bench can be a magnificent way to organize towels, toilet paper, and more.
- Pedicures – You should only sit on the toilet to do one thing. Give your bathroom a proper seat like a storage ottoman for all other activities. They work wonders as a vanity stool as well!
- Shoe and Accessory Storage - Whether you’re coming in or going out, a shoe storage bench makes the transition simple. Keep your kicks, scarves, umbrellas and more neatly organized and dust-free by storing them inside an entryway storage bench.
- Entryway Seating - Give guests a designated space to sit down to put on coats or take off shoes. Never tripping over yourself while trying to remove a snow boot is a luxury you’ll wonder how you ever went without.